A Fitness and
Skills Development Camp was held from 1-5 October as a part of the Community Sport Program. The Camp was based down the West Coast around the Lorne area. The camp involved year 9 -11 students and year 8 students that have been participating in the various community sport programs.
Surf-Lifesaving, Surfing, Swimming, Surf-Ski Paddling, Mountain Biking and Adventure Racing.
- Students who are looking to get their Surf Bronze award and experience a range of Surf Lifesaving sports like Board Paddling, Surf Ski Paddling and Surf Boat Rowing.
- Swimming Team members who are after a fitness intensive camp. Swimmers will swim at least once a day, some days twice.
- Students who are training for the Anaconda Adventure Race.
- Students who wish to try out new sports and improve their fitness.
The objectives of the Development Camp are to:
· Foster a team and community training environment
· Bring the Community Sports programmes together
· Provide a training environment to build skills and fitness