Miss Rebecca M Cullen bought the school in 1915 from its previous owner, Miss Wallace, at which time
it was conducted in St Leonard's Church Hall in Wolseley Grove. She moved the school to Were Street
in 1930, gave it the motto Nulla Dies Sine Linea, introduced the uniform and school badge (since
changed), and generally guided it through wartime, depression and epidemics. Miss Cullen remained
Owner/Principal until retiring in 1936, and is generally acknowledged as the founder of St Leonard's
Girls' College (the school became coeducational in 1972). Up to her death in 1955 she had seen the
school grow in numbers from fewer than ten in 1915 to 595.